877.700.DATA  | My DataServ Login |
JAVA DEVELOPER I [OPEN]
The Java Developer I works on the engines that power the DataServ SaaS platform. This position builds leading edge web-based applications. The Developers on the team mentor this position as needed. This position reports to the Manager of Product Development.
- Creation of the functional estimate document, business requirements analysis, solution design and implementation, unit test plan creation and execution, process documentation and resolution of defects and integration issues.
- Works with GWT based user interface to create the next generation of our services.
- Provides estimates for design and implementation of software projects.
- Implements software projects within estimated hours while meeting or exceeding DataServ quality standards and client expectations.
- Documents modules, applications, systems and processes created or modified during software development.
- Performs problem identification and provides fixes for operational issues.
- Develops or modifies automated deployment facilities.
- Interfaces with the entire DataServ implementation team, including various internal departments and all levels of management.
- Performs knowledge transfer to Client Service and Technical Support team members.
- Participates in product development efforts to broaden DataServ’s core service offerings.
- Develops and maintains current technical, consulting and document management knowledge-base by attending industry-related user group meetings, vendor training and seminars.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or 0-3 years’ experience in related area/industry
- Experience with:
- Web development, particularly HTML, CSS and Java Script
- Java and Object Oriented Development
- TDD and/or BDD, dependency injection, Guice and continuous integration
- Ability to work in development and production environments using Linux, Tomcat, MongoDB and Elasticsearch systems
- Ability to work with a variety of development tools including Eclipse, Maven, Mercurial, Java Jenkins, Sonar, WebDriver, GWT and Ext GWT development tools
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience writing development documentation
- Thorough understanding of full application development lifecycle
- GWT experienced preferred