877.700.DATA  | My DataServ Login |
JAVA DEVELOPER I [OPEN]
The Java Developer works on the engines that power the DataServ SaaS platform. This position builds leading edge web-based applications. The Developers on the team mentor this position as needed. This position reports to the Manager of Product Development.
- Assists with and is involved in the creation of the functional estimate document, business requirements analysis, solution design and implementation, unit test plan creation and execution, process documentation and resolution of defects and integration issues.
- Assists with estimates for design and implementation of software projects.
- Assists with and implements software projects within estimated hours while meeting or exceeding DataServ quality standards and client expectations.
- Documents modules, applications, systems and processes created or modified during software development.
- Performs problem identification and suggests/provides fixes for operational issues.
- Assists with the development or modification of automated deployment facilities.
- Interfaces with the entire DataServ implementation team, including various internal departments and all levels of management.
- Participates in product development efforts to broaden DataServ’s core service offerings.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of current technical, consulting and document management knowledge-base by attending industry-related user group meetings, vendor training and seminars.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in related area/industry. Master’s degree a plus.
- Desire to work within an Agile development environment.
- Must be passionate about development.
- Experience with any of the following:
- Java (preferred)
- Other Object-Oriented languages (.Net, C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of dependency injection is heavily preferred (Google Guice, Spring DI, Dagger, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with Test Driven or Behavior Driven development.
- Familiarity with database concepts. Experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with a common Java Virtual Machine or web container (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, etc.)
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems (GIT, Mercurial, SVN, etc.)
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Thorough understanding of the full application development life cycle.
- Desire to learn web development tools.